IMPORTATION OF DRUGS AND MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
Import Licenses for Drugs (Medicines or Medicaments) and Medical Equipment are issued only to businesses officially authorized to importation or supply of the drugs and equipment by “the Licensing Commission to authorize professional activities of Health Organizations” which operates under the Health Ministry.
The Import Licenses for Drugs and Medical Equipment are issued by Drugs, Bio-Preparations and Medications Quality Control Office on the basis of the conclusions of the Human Drugs/Medicine Sub-Committee (Sub-Council).
For importation of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances there applied the 1961 UN Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, the 1971 UN Convention on Psychotropic Substances and the Order of the Ministry for Health No. 306 of 2003.
The businesses authorized to import drugs, bio-preparations, raw materials or medical equipment should have met the following requirements:
a/ to have a storage place for stock of drugs and medical equipment;
b/ to employ a medical expert (a chemist) who had practiced or trained in pharmacology or chemistry at the accredited institutions and who will be responsible for quality assurance of drugs or medical equipment, their storage and dispense;
c/ to have the imported drugs registered with the Government Registration Office;
d/ the drugs (and raw materials as well) meet the quality standards and the medical equipment has proper technical and quality certificates.
The Import Licenses for Drugs and Medical Equipment shall be valid for not over 1 year.
EXPORTATION OF DRUGS AND MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
- The Licenses for Exportation or Re-Exportation of Drugs, Bio-Preparations, Raw Materials and Medical Equipment are issued by Drugs, Bio-Preparations and Medications Quality Control Office on the basis of the conclusions of the Human Drugs/Medicine Sub-Committee (Sub-Council).
- The Export Licenses for Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances are issued separately by the Ministry of Health.
PRODUCTION OF DRUGS AND MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
- The Production of Drugs and Medical Equipment is authorized by “the Licensing Commission to authorize professional activities of Health Organizations” which operates under the Health Ministry, on the basis of proposals and conclusions from the Drugs, Bio-Preparations and Medications Quality Control Office.
RANGE OF DRUGS NOT PERMITTED TO IMPORT FOR PRIVATE USE
1. All kinds of Blood Transfusion and Infusion Fluids (Medicines)
2. All kinds of Antibiotics (For Injections)
3. The Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
4. Tuberculosis Curing Medicines
5. Blood Preparations (Blood-Based Products) and Plasma Substitutes (Blood Surrogates)
6. Medicines or Medicaments for Nationwide Vaccination (Immunization)
BORDER CROSSING POINTS PERMITTED FOR CROSSING DRUGS AND MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
1 Altanbulag, Selenge
2 Buyant-Ukhaa, Ulaanbaatar
3 Zamyn-Uud, Dornogobi
4 Olgii, Bayan-Olgii
5 Sukhbaatar, Selenge
6 Tsagaannuur, Bayan-Olgii
7 Reentsav, Dornod