Specific goods or the goods of specific natures (features) or types are cleared upon presentation of the ordinary Customs Declaration Form duly completed by the person(s) concerned.
The declarant of the specific goods should have obtained a Verification Note from the appropriate Ministry or the Government Agency.
Where the specific goods are the concerns of several government bodies for crossing the national border the Verification Notes should be taken from each such government authority.
The Note will be acceptable (or valid) only when it bears signature of a head or a deputy-head of the government body concerned and the appropriate stamp.
The Note should be done in triplicate (3 copies) for being kept with the issuing government body, the declarant and the Customs office clearing the specific goods separately.
The Government body (or declarant) who is linked with Customs on-line may present the Note to the Customs office concerned electronically. The government authority issuing the Note should ensure that the specific goods concerned are duly marked or sealed for their identification and security. The descriptions or methods (samples) of marking(s) or sealing(s) should be sent to the Customs beforehand.
The Issuing Government Authorities :
To allow the specific goods described below across the national border (or the Customs border) of Mongolia the Verification Note(s) should be taken from the respective government bodies:
- sample products or other objects for research and development in the field of geology and mining (including mineral deposits maps or charts, drill cores, geological reports, descriptions of research and development recorded on carrier media or data storage equipment, etc.) -the Mineral Resources Authority; http://www.mram.gov.mn/
- objects of research and development in the field of oil exploration (including oil deposits maps or charts, drill cores, geological reports, research and development descriptions recorded on carrier media or data storage equipment, etc.) -the Petroleum Authority; http://www.pam.gov.mn/
- objects of research and development in the field of national defense, including aerial or relief maps and maps of geographical locations and other cartographic items – the Ministry of Defence;
- animals and plants, raw items or products of their origin as samples, tastes or probes – the Ministry of Environment and Tourism; http://www.mne.mn/mn/
- uranium ores or concentrates, radioactive chemical elements and radioactive isotopes/radioisotopes (including the fissile or fertile chemical elements and isotopes) and their compounds; mixtures and residues containing these products; isotopes other than those of HS Heading No.28.44; inorganic or chemically defined compounds of such isotopes, etc. samples, tastes or probes – the General Agency for Specialized Inspection; http://www.inspection.gov.mn/
- bacteria for laboratory growth, reproduction or culture, samples of their toxins, healthy human antisera, human (donor) blood for therapeutic, prophylactic or diagnostic uses, modified immunological products, cultures of micro-organisms or medicaments, etc. samples, tastes or probes – – the Ministry of Health; http://www.moh.mn/
- paleontological or archeological findings samples, tastes or probes – the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science; http://www.mecs.gov.mn/
- precious metals or gemstones samples, tastes or probes for assay – The State Probes Control Office on the basis of the result of analysis carried out by the Laboratory for measuring purity of precious metals and establishing gemstone quality; The State Probes Control Office;
- sperms (or embryos) of any kind of animal or livestock, reproductive eggs, blood and antisera, disease carrying insects, microorganism cultures, dead animal bodies, putrid flesh (carrion or offal), faeces, soil, raw items or products of animal origin, etc. samples, tastes or probes – the General Agency for Specialized Inspection; http://www.inspection.gov.mn/
- alcoholic beverages and tobacco samples, tastes or probes – The Ministry of Foreign Relations. http://www.mfat.gov.mn/